According to the nurse midwife, there's a good chance that we won't be able to induce tomorrow morning, like we had hoped. In fact, there's a chance that the induction won't even happen this weekend. I have to admit that this news is a bit disappointing, but I know we've got to just keep trusting God to work out the details.
I went by and visited a former member of our church who has been in the hospital recently. When I told him that we were about to have a baby, he had such a positive and encouraging outlook. I told him that his approach was not the norm - that some people were more likely to tell me that my life is about to be over. He said that there's nothing bad about having babies, and if you think so, you need to change your perspective. He reminded me that this time is a gift, and whether it's changing diapers or sitting up late at night, we need to enjoy every minute of it. I thanked him for his refreshing perspective on parenting.
When I walked out of his room, I realized that sometimes I visit people in the hospital to minister to them, and sometimes I visit people in the hospital so they can minister to me. This was one of the latter occasions, and I'm thankful for it.
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment