Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First Illness

Well, it finally happened. That moment that every new mommy dreads and knows is coming came last night. Our sweet little girl got sick for the first time. Before I cause any alarm let me say that she is much better already and is resting as I write this.

About midnight last night poor baby started crying and threw up. She was so sad and scared and she was like an exhausted little limp noodle in my arms. But she was also so sweet and patient. After I got her cleaned up she gave me the sweetest little weak smile as a thank you.

Every mommy knows how long the night can be when they are sick! Fortunately my own mommy is a nurse and the plus side of her living so far away in Nigeria is that when I call her in the dark of night the sun is up and shining for her! So we called nurse Grammy and got some reassurance and Brynna is doing just great now. I think she must have gotten a 24 hour bug just from living in this world.

I am so grateful that we have made it this long (almost 3 and 1/2 months) without Bryn getting sick. I am so thankful for a speedy recovery. And above all I am thankful for "the prayers of the saints, which are golden bowls of incense" (Revelation 5:8) before the Lord.

Later when I talked to Mama again she said that so many of their friends in Nigeria had been praying for Bryn today. One man insisted on praying with Mom and Dad right when they asked him and he prayed "Oh our Dear Redeemer, this baby is sick. Please make this baby well and do not allow her to be sick. In Jesus' name!" I know that so many others pray for our little girl as well. Thank you! It is the greatest gift you can give:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor bryna. sorry little sick duck
glad you could call mutha and talk to her about it