We have had an extremely fun and busy beginning to 2006, with visitors every weekend and Kyle attending a conference in Orlando.
This week we reached an unlikely denouement to all the fun with oral surgery for me on Monday and Bryn's 4 month vaccinations on Tuesday. Needless to say we have since been enjoying some quiet recouping time.
My surgery went well on Monday. My sweet husband took the day off and took the best care of me:) And at the time I didn't even notice the actual surgery part. I sat down in the chair at the oral surgeon's office and woke up at Starbucks. Really. Earlier I had told Kyle that since I could not nurse Bryn that day (I pre-pumped her food for the day) I wanted some caffeine. So I woke up in the Starbucks drive-through on the way home from surgery. Not bad!
The next day was bad. I definitely noticed by then that the reason the oral surgeon put me so completely out was because he must have been dancing a jig inside my mouth.
But enough about me. How is Bryn enduring her shots? Like a champ. She screamed and held her breath when the nurses gave her the shots but then Mommy got to play "mean nurses, nice Mommy" and rescue her from their evil clutches and be a hero. And spoil her for the rest of the day. So that was nice for both of us and she only ran a low fever which is now gone.
On the menu for the rest of this week is some R&R.
Oh, and I almost forgot, Bryn is now weighing in at 13 lbs. 7 oz. (in the 25th percentile) and measuring 26 inches long (in the 95th percentile) . A tall and slender little pixie elf:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kyle went to Orlando!!!! Im jelous.
hey hearing Brynna's shot story reminds me of four needle arm shots
hope your mouth and Brynna's feelings get better fast and as for Kyle let him stay in Orlando for all I care. Thanks for inviting me.
Yay for the update -- apparently my visit wasn't enough to merit a mention. :( When do we get to see new pictures? Love and miss you.
Post a Comment